On Thursday, September 29, 2016 from Richard Every at USAR <email@example.com>:
After review of available matches, team coach feedback and reports, we have quite a few areas to address:
- Tackler Assist needs to clearly release AND come through the gate.
- Quick Ball means its availability is that the ball is clear without defenders slowing the recycle or being in the way – we are allowing defenders too much room to disrupt. CLEAN IT UP.
- Legally dominant teams should be rewarded.
- More awareness of defensive scrums under pressure:
- Not taking the weight on SET
- Walking the scrum around
- Dissolving the scrum (players leaving the scrum, standing up, collapsing)
- FOUL PLAY:
- Put the onus on players to play within the Law
- More awareness of late tackles/hits on kickers and players following up.
- Rucks & Mauls: Joining players have to bind. Shoulder charge into a maul is not allowed and should be penalized and dealt with.
- LINEOUT/MAUL DEFENSE:
- Sack should be immediate. Once a maul is formed, and attempted sack is illegal and collapsing the maul
- Defenders have to join from the back, NOT THE SIDE.
- PENALTY /FREE KICKS:
- The mark for a PK or FK is where the infringement occurred or as indicated in Law, NOT WHERE THE REFEREE IS STANDING.
- Quick Tap PK/FK:
- Should be taken in the region of the mark, not within 5m from the goal line, and not ahead of the mark.
- Ball needs to be kicked, along the ground, OR, must leave the hands