This is effective for the RSV-only until other bodies enact policy:
Aerial drones used during a rugby match are permitted over the playing enclosure IF BOTH match teams AND the referee agree to its presence.The device must be maintained at a minimum of 20 meters (approx 65.6 feet) above the playing surface. The agreement may be revoked by ANY of the parties during the match. In addition to the agreement between teams and the referee, there must not be an implicit or explicit restriction by the owner/renter of the field. As applicable, there must not be a prohibition by the competitive league, match organizer, or school district. The operator must follow any local, state, or federal laws, policies and/or regulations. The operator must follow FAA requirements for appropriate licensing and flight space approval.
Read and heed:
USAR GMG 2017 (PDF)
For full content please download images and if you cannot view this e-mail correctly please click here
- biting an opponent
- spitting on an opponent
- punching a teammate
- It is dangerous to the opponent because that action brings boots into close proximity of a players face/head.
- It is dangerous to the ball carrier because if the defender manages to make contact while attempting to tackle, the ball carrier could get flipped and land on his head/neck.
- Jumping over a player who is lying on the ground
- Jumping to avoid the outstretched arms of a diving tackle attempt from the side.
- Set standards early in the match so both teams are aware of the parameters. Playing ADV for every infringement often wastes time and energy. Set it up from the outset, it will create a better managed game.
- Breakdown: Generate quick ball availability by penalizing tackle infringements early and quickly as they occur, rather than playing advantage or allowing players to slow down the recycle until they are cleaned out. Quick ball availability means that the ball is available to be played by the team in possession, however they see fit.
- Space: Keep players onside at rucks, mauls and set pieces, and PLEASE, more awareness of players that are offside at kicks moving forward. If you are 10m+ away from where the ball lands, you still need to not move forward until you have been put onside.
- More patience in the set-up. Wait for the scrum to be square and steady before the each call.
- Often the scrum is moving or the defense wheel the scrum 15º before the put-in. FK.
- All players are required to push straight. Walking around can easily be seen by the body position and legs of the locks and back row – it is illegal and should be penalized.
- Ensure props are bound on the side or on the back. If you allow the Loosehead to bind under the body, it gives them an easy option to bore in.
- Foul Play: Put the onus on players rather than debate dangerous or foul play.
On Thursday, September 29, 2016 from Richard Every at USAR <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
After review of available matches, team coach feedback and reports, we have quite a few areas to address:
- Tackler Assist needs to clearly release AND come through the gate.
- Quick Ball means its availability is that the ball is clear without defenders slowing the recycle or being in the way – we are allowing defenders too much room to disrupt. CLEAN IT UP.
- Legally dominant teams should be rewarded.
- More awareness of defensive scrums under pressure:
- Not taking the weight on SET
- Walking the scrum around
- Dissolving the scrum (players leaving the scrum, standing up, collapsing)
- FOUL PLAY:
- Put the onus on players to play within the Law
- More awareness of late tackles/hits on kickers and players following up.
- Rucks & Mauls: Joining players have to bind. Shoulder charge into a maul is not allowed and should be penalized and dealt with.
- LINEOUT/MAUL DEFENSE:
- Sack should be immediate. Once a maul is formed, and attempted sack is illegal and collapsing the maul
- Defenders have to join from the back, NOT THE SIDE.
- PENALTY /FREE KICKS:
- The mark for a PK or FK is where the infringement occurred or as indicated in Law, NOT WHERE THE REFEREE IS STANDING.
- Quick Tap PK/FK:
- Should be taken in the region of the mark, not within 5m from the goal line, and not ahead of the mark.
- Ball needs to be kicked, along the ground, OR, must leave the hands