Submission of film to the RSV:
- Must be steady video, keeping the referee in the frame as much as possible.
- Must not be a series of clips that are from a cell phone.
- If using a cellphone and a steadying device, film on horizontal not vertical.
- Need to attempt to have some vantage point of view that angles down on the pitch. If filming from ground level must be used, maintain an angle on the match, with an unobstructed view.
- Please have audio available.
- Please keep the video in focus.
- Upload the film to YouTube and send the RSV the private link to the match: email@example.com
Once film is reviewed and approved for usability, you will be granted a credit on an annual cycle (this offer ends in December 2022):
- $200 maximum credit per season (two seasons/calendar year: January-June, July-December))
If two clubs provide film, each club will be evaluated/credited on their own submissions. The submissions may not be the same, i.e., no exact duplicates will be allowed.
The RSV will use the video for coaching purposes only and will not give a yellow or red card in a post-match review. Similarly, if referee abuse is noted in the video, no yellow or red card will be given in the post-match review, but the club will be given feedback about the observed abuse. The RSV will share the video within Referee Development groups. The RSV will not share video with other clubs, and will only share video if requested, by union administrators for disciplinary or legal proceedings.
The RSV will track which clubs have submitted and which films are accepted.