From: Richard Every <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 10:15 AM
Subject: Spring Season Focus Areas – 4/4/18
We are well into the Spring Season and want to be clear on a few areas:
- Be patient, slow down the BIND to SET call – be sure the scrum is steady.
- #8 has to be bound prior to the SET – seeing the slingshot quietly making its way back
- Credible feed, has to be hooked – team putting in cannot simply drive over the ball
- Tackler: If the tackler is slow to move, you should not be rewarding the tackler assist or first arriving player as the tackler prevents the ball carrier from exercising their options.
- Tackler Assist: Clear release and through the gate
- Slow ball leads to more offside. Manage space from the outset.
- Appears some defenses are setting up a few meters behind the offside line and to gain more momentum – this is difficult for referees and AR’s to monitor and will either take time for everyone to adjust to make accurate calls.
- Restarts – remind players to remain behind the kicker.
- LINEOUTS: Formation
- Players may not approach the lineout, stop a distance away, then move into the lineout to gain momentum on the jump – manage initially, then FK.
- Players may take a quick lineout by continuing to move toward a lineout and jump when they arrive.