REQUIREMENT FOR MEDICAL AID AND MEDICAL AND LIABILITY INSURANCE
1. Rugby is a contact sport that carries an implied risk of injury. Fortunately, the majority of these injuries are minor. Serious injuries may occur and lead to severe consequences.
2. The RRSV takes a firm stand on this issue and places, as its top priority, the health and well-being of each rugby participant.
3. All teams should have qualified medical personnel at each match. Teams must foster relationships with physicians, paramedics, nurses, trainers, physical therapists, and other trained individuals in their locales.
4. Each rugby player is required to have medical insurance matching at least the minimum levels set forth by the United States of America Rugby (USAR).
5. Clubs and all Players must be CIPP registered in order to be granted third party liability insurance to provide protection in case of property damage or bodily injury to third parties.